~ The day I took out my Wisdom Tooth


Alhamdullilah...Its Overrrrr....

I brought the kids to Sentosa with my friend in the morning, and in between, managed to settle my Bibik's flight and airport stuff. 
By 4.15pm, I was sitting in the dental clinic when Dr R called me in.
"Are you ready?" he said.... 
"Hmmmmm"...... was my unsure responds to him. 

After 4 injections  to numb my gums and abit of my lips, Dr R started to cut my upper back gums. When he said " Pass me Blade 12", my heart skipped a beat. Blade? 
Seriously It was so scary, and I was picturing him cutting my gums in my mind. I tried to divert to happy thoughts and I pictured my kids jumping off the boat in the warm waters of Gili. 
That was a good happy memory. 
Still it wasn't enough. My mind kept thinking back of what Dr R was doing to my gums every time there was a blood spurt.....
I tried to think of something better and the holy Kaabah came to mind. I was doing my Tawaf. Ahhh That's a good memory. 
So I was doing my Tawaf when Dr R was tugging, pulling, wrestling and even Drilling my stubborn wisdom tooth. The sound and pressure of the drill truly scared me and I flinched abit. 
Alhamdullilah, Dr R was patient, caring and a dentist with Experience. Somehow I knew i was in Good hands and I kept on making zikir in my heart. 

The minute hubby came in to the dental room, Dr R managed to pull out my wisdom tooth. Its out!! "Wah....thank you H. You brought blessings." Dr R laughed and reached out his hand to salam my Hubby. 

Then he stitched up the cut....and told me I was scared but steady. 

So last night was horrible as the numbness and anesthesia went off.  The kids were at my mum's. 
Hubby and I were alone at home. I took 2 painkiller and the rest was history. I managed to fall asleep with the tears in my eyes. The pain was too painful, and the cheeks swelled so much. I kept punching my pillow cos the throbbing pain was punching my gums. I didn't eat anything for dinner; just cold Milo. 
Hubby had to go to the pharmacy to buy more gauze as the ones I had were all soaked with blood.

So this experience made me wiser. A first. 

5 days MC yet I have an important course in the office on Monday. Gahhhh.... Hope my gums heal soon. Insya'Allah. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spa Secret, Batam Trip...

Krabi (Thailand) 2013

Bandung Trip ~ 9th Anniversary