The Journey ~ Parenting tips for me.
Karena itu, ingatlah kamu kepada-Ku niscaya Aku ingat pula kepadamu, dan bersyukurlah kepada-Ku, dan janganlah kamu mengingkari Nikmat-Ku. (Q.s Al-Baqarah :152)
Hai orang-orang yang beriman, mintalah pertolongan [kepada Allah] dengan sabar dan [mengerjakan] shalat, sesungguhnya Allah beserta orang-orang yang sabar. (Q.s Al-Baqarah: 153)
Since Abang's Mid-Year results were terrible for Maths and Science, I went down to his Tuition Center and met up with the center's manager and principal for some discussions.
While they were very concerned for Abang, they were also very positive and didn't find the marks terrible. I guess, they have seen worse.
From looking through the Mid-Year papers, the discussion soon changed to a counselling session for me......
At times, I do feel like a single mother but I know, I should push away such thoughts and I must keep being strong for the sake of my kids.
Things that I need to remember:
1. No more beating
2. Keep encouraging, find his good points.
3. Results are not achieved overnight
4. Keep being positive, its OK to be the only one who looks after his studies.
5. Pray hard, pray really hard
6. Say only good things to Abang.
7. Go for talks on parenting and self improvements, just go....to prepare myself.
8. Equipped myself with knowledge by going through Abang's assessments books and trying the sums myself.
and so......I am looking forward to the next half of the year... : )